If the e-cigarette is gaining more and more popularity, especially in the United States, the degassing of batteries presented as "explosions" is increasing following the negligence of users. A few days ago a security camera from a store in Anaheim, California recorded the impressive degassing of a battery in a customer's pocket.
SERIOUS BURNS IN THE LEG AND INTIMATE PARTS!
Impressive images that come from the security camera of a store located in Anaheim in the United States. As he takes the measurements of a television, Mohamad Zayid Abdihdy, a customer aged 24 years sees an accumulator placed in his pocket degassing.
Antelmolare Guzman, a manager of the HDTV Outlet store in Anaheim is surprised by what just happened and says “ The customer would run to the office while screaming and screaming". According to sources, the victim's right leg was quite badly burned and his private parts were also affected.
As for 99% of battery explosions, it is not the e-cigarette that is responsible but the user, moreover in this precise case as in all those which one could see recently, it is clearly a negligence in the handling of the batteries which can be retained as cause of the explosion.
The e-cigarette clearly has no place on the dock in this case, we can never repeat it enough, with the accusers certain safety rules must be respected for safe use :
- Never put one or more batteries in your pockets (presence of keys, parts that can short-circuit)
- Always store or transport your batteries in boxes keeping them separate from each other
If you have a doubt, or if you are not familiar with it, consider inquiring before buying, using or storing batteries. here is a complete tutorial dedicated to Li-Ion batteries which will help you to see more clearly.