Always present in the world landscape, Juul Labs will launch in Canada a new 1,5% nicotine pod (15mg / ml) for its Juul e-cigarette. The goal is simple: Give smokers a greater choice in their switching journey. It will be widely available in the Canadian market in a short time.
TORONTO, 2 APRIL 2019 / CNW / – JUUL Labs today announced a new nicotine dosage option for current smokers seeking to replace combustible cigarettes. As part of its mission to eliminate the use of cigarettes in Canada, JUUL Labs makes JUULpods at 1,5 per cent of nicotine available across the country. JUULpods containing five and three percent nicotine by weight are already available.
JUUL Labs was founded with the simple mission of having an impact on the lives of one billion smokers worldwide - and five million in Canada - by providing a satisfying alternative to combusted cigarettes.
Health Canada states that " Vape is less harmful than smoking. A recent study, presented by JUUL Labs at the Nicotine and Tobacco Research Society, shows similar reductions in cigarette-related biomarkers of exposure in both groups of participants: those who stopped smoking and those who did not smoke. who went to JUUL. This tells us that nicotine, even if it is addictive, is not directly responsible for the cancers that are commonly associated with cigarette smoking: these are the harmful ingredients of combustible smoke.1
« We are pleased to offer more options to Canada's five million smokers" said Mike Nederhoff, Canadian Executive Director, JUUL Labs. " We know that giving the choice can help smokers quit smoking with the ability to determine which nicotine option is best for them. »
Every adult smoker has a different path of change and the options can help them find what suits them best, including the variety of flavors and the concentration of nicotine. Two recent behavioral studies based on surveys conducted by CSUR Research & Consultancy show that tobacco-free JUULpods are the ones that have been most successful in helping smokers to change and stay in the mood.2; confirming that the appropriate flavors are important. We have also heard from smokers that there are people who need different options in terms of nicotine levels. Our diverse range of products helps smokers to change and maintain this change.
JUUL Labs offers six JUULpod flavors to smokers in Canada: Virginia Tobacco, Mint, Mango, Vanilla, Fruit, and Cucumber. The six flavors are currently available in the five, three, and 1,5 percent nicotine levels in JUUL Labs' convenience stores, retail stores, and e-commerce sites at JUUL.ca. .
- Launch of the "What Parents Need to Know" parenting campaign in Canada to provide more information to parents and keep vaping products away from youth.
- In Quebec, urging the Quebec government to raise the legal age of 21 years for the purchase and possession of electronic cigarettes and vaping products, to adjust it with the proposed age limit for cannabis. This law would help to restrict young people's access by reducing the purchase and resale of minors.
- Online, using unique age and identity verification technology to ensure minors can not access and purchase products. A signature by an adult at the time of delivery is required for all deliveries to Canada. The online age restrictions established by JUUL Labs are stricter than those of the Ontario Cannabis Society.
- All sales partners must apply for ID when selling nicotine products. This year, JUUL Labs has launched a secret shopping program to ensure retailers are compliant and will report non-compliant retailers to Health Canada and the provincial governments involved.
- All products are clearly labeled as containing nicotine and the packaging includes a nicotine warning, including a warning sticker (skull pictogram and crossbones) that is described in the Canadian regulations on the use of nicotine. packaging of consumer chemicals but has not yet been applied in the vaping industry. This cautionary illustration is voluntary; studies conducted by researchers at the University of Waterloo indicate that explicit graphic cautionary illustrations of packaging are one of the most effective measures to prevent the adoption of restricted-use products by young people.
- Juul Labs' contracts with stores and other wholesale customers require them to take a number of measures to prevent young people from accessing them, including restrictions on wholesale purchases to prevent resale on the black market.
source : Lelezard.com/