At the time of confinement, not everyone has the chance to count on a vape shop less than two kilometers from their residence. Under these conditions, it is only natural to turn to online sales sites. But now, at the same time our postal friends have gone to 3 / 5th, while the post remains the privileged link between sites and vapers ... How to meet demand ? Are there alternative methods ? Are there special conditions to recover your package ?
Not easy to get by for vaping professionals in these troubled times. In addition to financial difficulties, short-time working arrangements and complications in obtaining new stocks, e-cigarette stores must fight to find companies that can deliver on time. Our friends from Small Vapoteur, the largest French online sales site have yet found found the right solution and there are still possibilities for your customers to be delivered!
- Concerning Post, since March 27, parcel distribution is only made on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. This can be adapted according to local situations and their evolution. As a result of these developments, Colissimo is no longer able to guarantee the delivery time for packages in France. Collection and delivery services are maintained as planned. Clearly, even if it is complicated, it is still possible to deliver your customers via the services of the Post.
Some details, La Poste declares however " That in order to guarantee the security of your customers, that of our collaborators and our partners, we temporarily suspend the collection of signatures for contactless Colissimos. If you are absent or you refuse this delivery method, your parcel will be made available to you at the Post Office or Relais La Poste indicated on the delivery notice that the postman will slip into your mailbox. »
- Chronopost announces for its part that the service is maintained, it is therefore possible to call on their services: " The transport of goods is subject to government directives. As part of its strategic activity for the maintenance of economic activity, Chronopost ensures the collection and delivery of parcels on the territory and internationally until further notice.".
If the Chronopost service remains effective, it is nevertheless important to choose an open relay otherwise you will have to wait for the relay to reopen. The carrier specifies that " mostly realize its deliveries on schedule despite a complex health situation, particularly in the Grand Est. Despite all the means implemented, some of our deliveries can be made within 48 hours. »
- The company UPS continues to deliver worldwide, even though the official website states that " the UPS service guarantee is suspended for all shipments regardless of their origin and destination.". The provider specifies " Most of our services are provided within the same deadlines as those that our customers are entitled to expect.«
– DHL is also mobilized during this confinement period. The carrier declares " Faced with the challenges imposed by the current global situation related to COVID-19, DHL Express strives to maintain a reliable delivery service for you and your customers.". However, the carrier also announces an additional cost: " as of April 1, 2020, we are temporarily and until further notice instituting an emergency surcharge applicable to all Time Definite International (TDI) shipments. "
- Finally, GLS is also involved in service continuity but with certain restrictions. The carrier declares that despite the situation of Coronavirus which extends over our country, they will continue to ensure "contactless" deliveries throughout France and in Europe. Given this context, delivery times may experience disruptions. It is important to follow the various updates because certain geographic or structural restrictions appear every day.
Hoping that this information will help the professionals of the vaping. As a reminder, the OLF Vapelier remains at your disposal for completely free communication during this difficult period! Despite the pandemic, the vape must survive!