In the month of April, ECigIntelligence, an independent market research firm specializing in the vape sector has launched a major survey of electronic cigarette shops for owners or store managers in France. This survey conducted in collaboration with Vapoteurs.net et PGVG unveils today its results.
This online survey was conducted by ECigIntelligence on e-cigarette shops between the month of April 2017 and the month of May 2017 in France to get an overview of the product categories, brands, revenues and current attitude regarding the vape industry .
The survey gathered 165 responses, representing more than 500 stores in France, the majority of respondents were independent traders in operation for at least 2 years. More than 70% of respondents operated in less than three different locations. The gathering of replies was carried out with the collaboration of the PGVG magazine and the information site Vapoteurs.net. The online survey was sent to respondents via the platform Survey Monkey.
- The average turnover per month is about 24 000 €.
- Sales of e-liquids generate approximately 60% of turnover.
- More than 90% of revenue comes from physical stores. (versus 7% for online stores and only 1% for wholesalers)
- By product category, we first find e-liquids with 57% of sales, then mods / starter kits with 24% of sales, atomizers with 14% of sales, and finally "other products" with 4% of turnover
- The average number of bottles (all capacities combined) is estimated at a figure of 1500 to 2000 bottles per month.
- The flavors "Fruits", "Tobacco" and "Menthol" are the most popular.
- The most popular nicotine levels are 6mg / ml followed by nicotine zero.
* Zero nicotine is represented at 20%.
* 1,5 mg / ml is represented at 7%
* 3 mg / ml is represented at 13%
* 6 mg / ml is represented at 25%
* 12 mg / ml is represented at 19%
* 18 mg / ml is represented at 13%
* 24 mg / ml or more is represented at 3%
- The e-liquid sector is dominated by the French brands, Alfaliquid, D'lice and VDLV which are the three most cited brands.
- The e-cigarette distribution in the vape industry is dominated by Chinese groups. The most cited manufacturers are Eleaf, Joyetech, Kangertech, Aspire, and Smoktech.
Perspectives and regulations
- 90% of respondents say they are "optimistic" about the industry when looking ahead.
- In terms of impact following the TPD, the three most given answers are the delay or the abandonment of the expansion of the companies, the decrease of the expenses of professional services as well as the reduction of the inventory.
For more information on the survey, visit the official EcigIntelligence website.