Flu, Gastroenteritis and vaping? Which report ? The flu epidemic is currently affecting the entire metropolitan territory and certain overseas departments. However, the peak of activity in metropolitan France has probably not yet been reached. If Public Health France is currently giving recommendations, we are also taking the opportunity to remind vapers that in times of epidemic it is important to take some precautions with the vaping equipment!
BASIC PRECAUTIONS BY PUBLIC HEALTH FRANCE!
according to Public Health Francevaccination is recommended for people at risk and is the best way to protect yourself from influenza and its complications. But a delay of 15 days after injection is necessary to be properly protected. Thus, simple actions, which concern the entire population, must be adopted to reduce the transmission of influenza:
- wash hands frequently with soap and water or with a hydroalcoholic solution;
- sneeze in his elbow (rather than in his hands);
- use a disposable tissue;
- Wear a disposable mask when presenting with flu-like symptoms, especially in contact with frail persons (elderly, immunocompromised, young children, pregnant women).
Prevention is essential to reduce the spread of winter viruses, including seasonal flu. These viruses are easily transmitted by the coughing, sneezing, postillion and saliva of infected persons, by the direct contact of the hands of one infected person to another, by the contact of objects contaminated by a sick person but also by air, especially when a sick person occupies a closed room (bedroom, waiting room, office, etc.).
As a vaper, it is important not to take additional risks with a tool that you have in your hand all day: The e-cigarette. Some simple little things can save you from ending up in bed for several days :
- Do not lend your vape equipment and do not "try" your e-cigarette to another person
- In the shop, check that the test drip-tips are protected or cleaned.
- Clean your equipment several times a day with hydroalcoholic gel (for example). To do this, simply apply the disinfectant gel to a new microfiber cloth, leave to act and then wipe with a clean cloth dampened with clear water.
- We recommend the use of the product "Aseptivape", an antibacterial and fungicidal cleaning product to maintain your drip-tips and testers in store. Simple and practical, it will allow you to avoid the transmission of viruses. To use it lift your drip-tip and apply one to two sprays after a few seconds' wipe with a clean cloth or absorbent paper. To clean and disinfect the inside of the drip tip, spray the product on a cotton swab and insert it inside the drip-tip.
- If your bottle of e-liquid or your clearomizer seeps or leaks, clean it with a clean absorbent paper.
- If possible, avoid using your e-cigarette in a closed room with other people. Give priority to outdoor spaces.