For months now, a component has been invited to the electronic cigarette market: CBD or Cannabidiol. Often criticized by the media, this product found in cannabis is a real cardboard in the vaping shops. What is CBD ? Should we fear or appreciate this component ? How is it used? ? So many questions that we are going to deal with in this file so that you become unbeatable on the subject!
Le cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid present in cannabis. It is the second most studied cannabinoid after THC. Specifically, cannabidiol is part of phytocannabinoids which means that the substance is naturally present in the plant.
While it has shown sedative effects in animals, other research also shows that CBD increases alertness. It may decrease the rate of THC elimination in the body by interfering with its metabolism in the liver. Cannabidiol is a very lipophilic product and is found in breast milk. It would also have an effect on nicotine receptors and play a role in stopping and quitting smoking.
Medically, it is used to treat convulsions, inflammation, anxiety and nausea, as well as to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Recent studies have shown that it would be effective in treating schizophrenia, that it could also relieve the symptoms of dystonia. Research is ongoing as a treatment for epilepsy.
Cannabidiol (CBD), a major cannabinoid, was isolated in 1940 by Adams and colleagues, but its structure and stereochemistry were determined in 1963 by Mechoulam and Shvo. CBD has a plethora of pharmacological effects, mediated by multiple mechanisms. It has been clinically evaluated in the treatment of anxiety, psychosis and movement disorders (epilepsy ...), and for relieving neuropathic pain in patients with multiple sclerosis.
Since more than 10 years, cannabidiol is an integral part of medical research on cannabis.
At the time of writing this article there is no legislation on the CBD, so it is quite possible to sell, buy and consume legally. Despite the lack of a legal framework, the product is now controversial because it comes from the cannabis plant. Part of the population and the media remain convinced that cannabidiol remains a product that makes you hover. It must also be admitted that some product names like " E-bedo "Or" Kanavape Clearly incite suspicion.
With the absence of a legal framework, it is important to favor a certain quality of product. Indeed, if the preparation is not pure, it is possible that it contain by-products such as THC. In spite of this, companies that offer quality e-liquids to CBD are quite easily found, and some have even checked by plunging drug tests directly into their products to prove they are negative.
Note that in Switzerland, CBD cannabis can be sold legally as long as it contains less than 1% THC.
We come to the part that interests you most probably! Why offer e-liquid to cannabidiol? As we mentioned above, contrary to what some people might think the CBD is not really a novelty! Already proposed in drug form, oil or plant (legal sale in Switzerland for example) it seemed interesting to pair with the electronic cigarette.
Unlike THC, cannabidiol is not a psychoactive substance. By using it, you will not have a "high" effect or hallucination or cold sweats. Finally, cannibidiol is to cannabis what nicotine is to tobacco. By using the electronic cigarette, you only use nicotine without the undesirable effects of burning tobacco, and although for CBD, the principle is the same ie only keep the "beneficial" effects.
Concretely, the use of CBD in an electronic cigarette can have several interests :
- Attempt to decrease or stop cannabis use
- Anti-stress, relax and relax
- For fun for a recreational practice.
Keep in mind that e-cigarettes are a risk-reduction tool that works for smokers, but can work equally well for cannabis users and people with medical conditions.
As we just said, if you are looking for thrills it is clearly not the CBD that can get you.
To understand the principle, we must know that our body and our brain are endowed with a whole panoply of receptors that react to cannabinoids (with very low affinity for CB1 and CB2 receptors). In fact, these receptors, already present in our bodies, form what we call in scientific jargon "the endocannabinoid system". If it is important to emphasize this first point, it is that the cannabinoids act on areas that are already biologically able to receive stimuli of this type unlike other substances that interact with biological functions poor.
Concretely, the consumption of Cannabidiol (CBD) can bring you several effects :
- An increase in the level of anandamide, one of the main molecules in the feeling of well-being after sport. The consumption of dark chocolate is also known to cause anandamide creation.
- It also has an antipsychotic effect (hence its interest in the treatment of schizophrenia and epilepsy.)
- An anxiolytic effect to fight stress, anxiety or certain forms of depression.
- It also acts as a mild analgesic and can help fight pain
- The consumption of CBD could relieve nausea, migraines or inflammations
- It helps to sleep (it does not sleep but helps fight insomnia)
It remains important to note that while CBD has many therapeutic applications, some are under investigation. Currently, research is still ongoing on the use of CBD against cancer or on Dravet syndrome and epilepsy. It is worth noting that'Australia for example has begun to recognize its use for the treatment of epilepsy.
First of all the basic principle, if you want to vapote cannabidiol it will obviously require an electronic cigarette and an e-liquid CBD. It is important to know that most CBD e-liquids are made from crystals and not from CBD oil that is intended for oral use. In general, you will need to ask questions and inquire before purchasing a product that may not be of quality or intended for vapor inhalation.
Regarding the dosages, just as with nicotine there is no miracle recipe, it will depend on the type of equipment used and your motivations. Clearly, you will not use the same dosage with powerful hardware and sub-ohm resistance as with a small beginner kit. The important thing to know is that it will be up to you to adjust your consumption and especially your dosage according to the motivation.
Cannabidiol (CBD) does not have the same properties as nicotine, it will not be used in the same way. The effects of this molecule take a long time to act and it will be quite useless to vape CBD just to try once.
Overall, the consumption of CBD with an e-cigarette will be done in a short session or will be spread over the whole day. Those who want to reduce cannabis use will be doing small eve sessions of about 20 at 30 minutes while people looking for relaxation will consume CBD all day long.
Regarding the dosage, there are several and it is not necessarily easy to navigate for a novice in the field:
- The low dosages (<150 mg per vial of 10ml or 15 mg / ml) are suitable for any type of use and the effects remain fairly mild.
- The average dosages (between 150 and 300 mg per vial of 10 ml) have more marked effects. It is recommended to go there gradually and step by step. We stay on at his own pace for about fifteen minutes, then we take a break. It is best to stop a little before you reach the desired effect.
- The high dosages (between 300 and 500 mg per vial of 10 ml) appear to be recreational use. It is not useful to vapote them along the length.
- The very high dosages (from 500 mg per vial of 10 ml) are only intended to be diluted! If you consume them without diluting them your main receivers will saturate quickly.
There are also CBD boosters dosed between 500 mg and 1000 mg which are intended to be diluted. This may be of definite interest to those who wish to prepare their e-liquids at CBD at home.
In just a few months, cannabidiol e-liquids (CBD) have arrived at most e-cigarette shops. Be aware that some professionals refuse to sell by choice or because of the bad image that can return. The best way to get some is to stay on the internet even if you will obviously have to be cautious and not give in to too tempting offers.
Indeed, cannabidiol e-liquids (CBD) are not quite the same price as nicotine e-liquids :
- Count 20 euros about for an e-liquid of 10 ml containing 100 mg of CBD (10 mg / ml)
- Count 45 euros about for an e-liquid of 10 ml containing 300 mg of CBD (30 mg / ml)
- Count 75 euros about for an e-liquid of 10 ml containing 500 mg of CBD (50 mg / ml)
For boosters :
- Count 35 euros about for an 10ml booster containing 300 mg of CBD
- Count 55 euros about for an 10ml booster containing 500 mg of CBD
- Count 100 euro about for an 10ml booster containing 1000 mg of CBD
E-liquids at CBD have arrived very quickly on the vape market and we know that many professionals offer these products without having knowledge on the subject. Professional friends, do not hesitate to ask for information, data sheets and advice before selling e-liquids to the CBD to your customers.