It's a new blow for the world of vaping! Indeed, from next June 9, Ebay, the auction giant will ban the sale of " electronic cigarettes and their accessories as well as objects containing tobacco " page (in French).
In view of the climate of mistrust that we have observed for months on vaping, the decision of the auction giant is clearly not a surprise. In the update of its regulations, Ebay seems very clear on the subject:
» The sale of electronic cigarettes and their accessories as well as objects containing tobacco is prohibited on eBay. The sale of tobacco is strictly regulated and can harm eBay members. Therefore, we prohibit the sale of tobacco products. " page (in French).
The structure provides several details concerning the new rules applicable from June 9, 2021:
The following or similar products are not allowed (This list is not exhaustive) :
- Any product containing tobacco, for example cigarettes, cigars and loose tobacco leaves.
- Cigar tubes or wraps
- Nicotine inhalers or nasal sprays (consult the regulation on drugs and parapharmacy)
- Herbal cigarettes (sometimes called non-nicotine or tobacco-free cigarettes)
- Domain names or website URLs explaining how to get tobacco
- Electronic cigarettes, electronic hookahs and accessories such as atomizers, liquids (with or without nicotine) and flavorings (effective from June 9, 2021)
The question now remains whether other superstructures like Amazon, Rakuten or Cdiscount will eventually follow suit by banning the sale of vaping products.