A few days ago, we have you invited to participate at the public consultation on freedom of expression, propaganda, direct and indirect advertising concerning the e-cigarette conducted by the SOVAPE association. Since yesterday, a report of 17 pages on this consultation is available and it offers some interesting figures that the Professor Benoît VALLET, Director General of Health will have to study carefully.
3100 PEOPLE HAVE RESPONDED TO THIS PUBLIC CONSULTATION!
Over 3100 people, vapers, professionals of the vape and health professionals answered this public consultation which remained open during seven days, for Sovape, this mobilization is exceptional and significant. This document aims to feed the dialogue with the Directorate General of Health and to give arguments concerning the freedom of expression on the vaping that had given rise to the filing of an appeal of 5 associations before the Council of State. This report on the public consultation is available and download here, it was addressed Monday November 14 to Prof. Benoit Vallet, general director of the health.
Professor Benoît VALLET, Director General of Health, told the associations during the exchanges in October want to send a strong political message.
Today this message is expected and must go through acts :
- The project to update the circular 2014 must allow to work on the substance with ALL stakeholders to accurately define the useful boundaries for commercial communications
- The term propaganda has no definition, it is unclear and it plunges users, health professionals and professionals of the vape, who do not know where the propaganda begins. This term must disappear.
- A circular will not suffice * to respond to the concerns raised with the law of health, the amendment of articles L3513-4 and L3515-3 of the Code of Public Health is essential.
* All lawyers consulted by various associations or by professionals of the vape confirm the ambiguity of the law and the possibility for a judge to rely on the jurisprudence of tobacco and describe any form of positive communication as propaganda. An administrative circular has little value before a judge, we will remain in a certain legal uncertainty.
This public consultation on freedom of expression, propaganda, direct and indirect advertising allowed to highlight important figures concerning the opinion of the vapers, professionals of the vape and health professionals :
–In 7 days only, more than 3.100 people answer the call of associations for the public consultation. While this may not sound like much, it is worth noting that never in the history of smoking, the population of smokers, who in this case become non-smokers (90% of respondents are exclusive vapers), have gathered around the subject.
– More than 50% of vapers feel that they have experienced the vape by word of mouth in their surroundings, but also in the workplace, or simply by meeting other vapers.
– 0,75% of users believe that the communication on the vape from the Ministry of Health is safe and credible.
– 5% of users have turned to a health professional to look for information on the vape.
– 39,3% of health professionals have discovered the electronic cigarette by their patients.
– 5% of users consider that advertising for brands or vape signs should be banned.
– 44% of health professionals consider that advertising for brands or vape signs should be banned.
– 50% of health professionals believe that it is necessary to authorize advertising but with rules: Supports, restrictions, warnings.
– 51, 2% of health professionals believe that advertising has no effect see positive on young non-smokers.
– 99% of users believe that an individual must have the right to express freely everywhere on the vape: Press, blogs, social networks.
Full report .pdf : Public consultation on freedom of expression concerning vaping: propaganda, direct and indirect advertising
Raw data : Users (vapers) .pdf
Raw data : Professionals of the vape.pdf
Raw data : Health Professionals.pdf