The National Tobacco Authorities of Lebanon, Egypt and Tunisia have warned against international resolutions that threaten the tobacco industry and the economies of the participating countries. The director general of the RNTA proposes 5 measures to save the National Tobacco Board whose diversification of products with the electronic cigarette and the heated tobacco.
It would almost feel like a copy paste of what is happening now with the tobacconists in France. Indeed, in order to save the National Tobacco and Matches Authority (RNTA), its president would be ready to diversify products by focusing on electronic cigarettes and heated tobacco.
Reviewing the main measures taken by Tunisia, since the previous session held in Beirut in 2017, the Director General of the RNTA mentioned five main axes namely :
1. Strengthen state budget resources through sales of international and local cigarettes, knowing that the proceeds from these sales represent 6% of total budget resources in Tunisia;
2. Intensify production, improve the various indicators, reduce parallel trade through the improvement of production capacity;
3. Diversify products such as the new generation of e-cigarettes and reduced-risk tobacco products such as "HeatNotBurn", and work to find regulatory and legislative mechanisms and appropriate procedures to market these products;
4. Contribute to the limitation of the illicit trade in tobacco products and the reduction of the volume of the parallel market and smuggling,
5. To further increase the societal role of tobacco companies through social activities in disadvantaged areas, and to give greater attention to the poorest segments of the tobacco growing community.
source : Tuniscope.com/