We keep telling you here: Be careful not to do anything with your batteries of electronic cigarettes! For those who do not yet know what degassing accumulators (batteries) can look like, here is a video of an event that happened in a store in New York.
IN FULL DISCUSSION, HIS BATTERY DEGAZE IN HIS POCKET!
In New York, while salespeople and a customer were chatting quietly among themselves, a battery suddenly degasses in the pocket of one of the protagonists. An impressive scene which shows once again that one should not play with safety when using an electronic cigarette.
As a reminder, in this case it is clearly not the electronic cigarette which is involved but the accumulator, that is to say the battery used to finish the energy at the vaping device.
As for 99% of battery explosions, it is not the e-cigarette that is responsible but the user, moreover in this precise case as in all those which one could see recently, it is clearly a negligence in the handling of the batteries which can be retained as cause of the explosion.
The e-cigarette clearly has no place on the dock in this case, we can never repeat it enough, with the accusers certain safety rules must be respected for safe use :
- Never put one or more batteries in your pockets (presence of keys, parts that can short-circuit)
- Always store or transport your batteries in boxes keeping them separate from each other
If you have a doubt, or if you are not familiar with it, consider inquiring before buying, using or storing batteries. here is a complete tutorial dedicated to Li-Ion batteries which will help you to see more clearly.